At Research & Pharma Solutions, we are committed to the continuous enhancement of our in-house workflows and processes to better cater to the evolving needs of researchers. As part of this commitment, we have integrated the Illumina DRAGEN Bio-IT platform into our Whole Exome Sequencing and Translational Oncology services. This integration allows us to deliver additional analyses and metrics to our customers besides sequencing data.
The Illumina DRAGEN Bio-IT platform (DRAGEN = Dynamic Read Analysis for GENomics) represents impressive speed and efficiency in processing large-scale sequencing data. It offers highly accurate analyses, maximum resource efficiency, and scalability for a wide range of NGS applications. We are already successfully using this pipeline for bioinformatics analysis of our Genome Sequencing products. Now, we are expanding its application to encompass our Exome Sequencing products as well as Translational Oncology services.
Augmented data evaluation and output thanks to the DRAGEN pipeline
In addition to the previous files and analyses, our customers will receive additional data after the transition. Specifically, this means:
- Additional metrics complement all previous data and information.
- Standardized output formats (e.g., VCF format 4.2) make the data suitable for further processing with a wide range of software applications.
- The determination of copy number variations (CNVs) becomes more precise and reproducible with the so-called “Panel of Normals”
- In addition to the annotation of exomes, annotations of genomes are now also possible.
- The DRAGEN pipeline allows the alignment not only to the human reference hg19, but also to the more recent human reference GRCh38.
- We summarize your sequencing data in a project report. On top of that, you receive an interactive MultiQC report for an in-depth exploration of the sequenced data.
Start your research project with us and benefit from an extended data output with our DRAGEN pipeline. We look forward to hearing from you and will be happy to advise you. Contact us at email@example.com and learn how we can help you realize your research project.